"One of the Boys" = Hate.
I know most people will disagree but I really dislike the whole 'masculinity, menswear for women' thing. Admittedly I love tailored blazers and brogues but I feel like full suits and shirts and masculine shaped clothing is taking it a step too far. I'm a girly girl at heart I'll admit and to me this is just like a boy wearing a skirt... I do like wearing shirts and blazers but all are fitted and tailored in pastel colours to give them a feminine feel.
With designers like: Paul Smith, Temperley, Nicole Farhi and Ralph Lauren and many more following this trend it makes me wonder what everyone is thinking lately. I love women's curves and think that if you have them then show them and if you don't make it look like you do... But I HATE baggy, oversized, unfitting clothes. I do have quite a few oversized tops but i balanced them out with a more fitted bottom half, e.g. high waisted shorts/skirts, leggings, skinny jeans. However, all I've been seeing is skinny models dressed in clothes that look like they're meant to be worn by broad, muscular men. I give some designers credit though as some pieces are tailored or fitted or have a cinched waist, which I like. So I do like some of this trend in a less masculine form that shows you that you are a woman instead of hiding it... but I know that I won't be dressing like a man anytime soon ... xo
With designers like: Paul Smith, Temperley, Nicole Farhi and Ralph Lauren and many more following this trend it makes me wonder what everyone is thinking lately. I love women's curves and think that if you have them then show them and if you don't make it look like you do... But I HATE baggy, oversized, unfitting clothes. I do have quite a few oversized tops but i balanced them out with a more fitted bottom half, e.g. high waisted shorts/skirts, leggings, skinny jeans. However, all I've been seeing is skinny models dressed in clothes that look like they're meant to be worn by broad, muscular men. I give some designers credit though as some pieces are tailored or fitted or have a cinched waist, which I like. So I do like some of this trend in a less masculine form that shows you that you are a woman instead of hiding it... but I know that I won't be dressing like a man anytime soon ... xo
No comments:
Post a Comment